Not cooking sure sounds nice this weekend! Grab something delightful at a local Japanese joint.
- Near the Glen Park BART station, Tekka House offers fairly traditional fare, as well as some truly inspired fusion dishes. That’s roe, on jalapeno, on mango, on whitefish:
- Japantown’s Izumiya prides itself on its highly customizable (and very filling!) okonomiyaki.
- The Marina’s Wago Sushi has the best miso soup I’ve ever had: comforting, filling, and just salty enough.
- West Portal’s Fuji has been my gold standard for the last decade, offering rarities like fish collar and o-toro with gold leaf. Recently, we took out some vegetarian friends who were very pleased with the ramen.
- It’s very easy to spoil yourself at Ingleside’s Yama Sushi: the combo boxes have excellent variety and the occasional surprising ingredient. We now regularly order sabagari (mackerel and ginger) rolls, having discovered them here.
- Outer Richmond’s Kazuko Sushi has excellent quality fish and well-balanced portions: never too many carbs and too little protein.